Holt’s family of octal ARINC 429 line receivers, HI-8456, HI-8457 and HI-8458 include internal lightning protection circuitry which ensures compliance with RTCA/DO-160G, Section 22 Level 3 Pin Injection Test Waveform Set A (3 & 4), Set B (3 & 5A) and Set Z (3 & 5B) without the use of any external components. Each device contains 8 independent ARINC 429 line receivers.
The devices are designed to operate from either a 5V or 3.3V supply in a high noise environment, with an input common mode voltage range of ±30V. Each receiver channel translates incoming ARINC 429 data bus signals to a pair of TTL / CMOS outputs.
The HI-8456 and HI-8457 are exact drop in replacements for DEI1046 and DEI1047 respectively. The HI-8458 is pin-to-pin compatible with Holt’s HI-8448 and is also a drop-in replacement for the DEI1148 (44-pin PQFP).
The devices feature protection against non-annunciated system faults (one side of the ARINC 429 bus transmission line becomes open or shorted to ground) or undefined ARINC 429 voltage levels (ranging between ±2.5V and ±6.5V). All signals received under these conditions are automatically rejected.
The HI-8456 and HI-8458 feature test inputs which bypass the analog inputs for testing purposes. The TESTA and TESTB inputs force the outputs of all eight receivers to the specified ZERO, ONE or NULL state. This allows the digital outputs of a transmitter to be connected to the test inputs through control logic for system self-test purposes. The HI-8456 has a single test port which controls all 8 channels simultaneously, whereas the HI-8458 has two independent test ports, each controlling a bank of 4 channels. Test inputs are not implemented on HI-8457 and are internally connected to logic 0.
- Internal lightning protection circuitry ensures compliance with RTCA/DO-160G, Section 22 Level 3 Pin Injection Test Waveform Set A (3 & 4), Set B (3 & 5A) and Set Z (3 & 5B)
- Direct connection to ARINC 429 bus with no external components
- High input common mode voltage range of ±30V
- Non-annunciated fault protection; a receiver will reject a signal when either bus line is open or shorted to ground.
- Eight independent ARINC 429 line receivers
- 3.3V or 5.0V single supply operation
- Test inputs bypass analog inputs and force digital outputs to ZERO, ONE or NULL states (not available on HI-8457)
- Industrial & extended temperature ranges
- Burn-in available
- Avionics Data Communications
- ARINC 429 to CMOS/TTL Level Conversion