The HI-8482 bus interface unit is a silicon gate CMOS device designed as a dual differential line receiver in accordance with the requirements of the ARINC 429 bus specification. The device translates incoming ARINC 429 signals to normal CMOS/TTL levels on each of its two independent receive channels. The HI-8482 is also functionally equivalent to the Fairchild/Raytheon RM3183.
The self-test inputs force the outputs to a ZERO, ONE, or NULL state for system tests. While in self-test mode, the ARINC inputs are ignored.
All the ARINC inputs have built-in hysteresis to reject noise that may be present on the ARINC bus. Additional input noise filtering can also be accomplished with external capacitors.
The HI-8482 line receiver is one of several options offered by Holt Integrated Circuits to interface to the ARINC bus. The digital data processing for serial-to-parallel conversion and clock recovery can be accomplished with the HI-6010, HI-8683 or similar devices.
The HI-8482 is available in a variety of ceramic & plastic packages including Small Outline (SOIC), J-Lead PLCC, Cerquad, DIP & Leadless Chip Carrier (LCC).
- Converts ARINC 429 Levels to Digital Data
- Direct Replacement for the RM3183
- Greater Than 2 Volt Receiving Hysteresis
- TTL and CMOS Outputs and Test Inputs
- Industrial & Extended Temperature Ranges Available
- 20-Pin SOIC, PLCC, CERQUAD, DIP & LCC Packages Are Available
- Avionics Data Communication
- ARINC 429 to CMOS/TTL Level Conversion