The 3.3V CMOS HI-6136 device provides a complete single- or multi-function interface between a host processor and MIL-STD-1553B bus. Each IC contains a Remote Terminal (RT) and a Bus Monitor Terminal (MT). Any combination of the contained 1553 functions can be enabled for concurrent operation. The enabled terminals communicate with the MIL-STD-1553 buses through a shared on-chip dual bus transceiver and external transformers. The user allocates 16K bytes (8K x 17-bit words) of on-chip static RAM between devices to suit application requirements.
The HI-6136 communicates with the host via a 40 MHz 4-wire serial peripheral interface (SPI). Programmable interrupts provide terminal status to the host processor. Circular data buffers in RAM have interrupts for rollover and programmable “level attained”.
The HI-6136 can be configured for automatic self-initialization after reset. A dedicated SPI port reads data from an external serial EEPROM to fully configure registers and RAM and optionally start execution for any of the terminal devices.
- Concurrent multi-terminal operation for RT and/or MT MIL-STD-1553B functions.
- 8K x 17-bit words internal static RAM with parity.
- Autonomous terminal operation requires minimal host intervention.
- 40 MHz SPI Host Interface.
- MIL-STD-1760 option sets Busy bit in Status Word response during initialization.
- World’s smallest MIL-STD-1553 terminal, QFN package measures just 6mm x 6mm.
- Simple Monitor Terminal (SMT) Mode records commands and data separately, with 16-bit or 48-bit time tagging.
- Independent 16-bit time tag counters and clock sources for RT and MT. The MT also has a 48-bit time count option.
- 64-Word Interrupt Log Buffer queues the most recent 32 interrupts. Hardware-assisted interrupt decoding quickly identifies interrupt sources.
- Built-in self-test for protocol logic, digital signal paths and internal RAM.
- Optional self-initialization at reset uses external serial EEPROM
- ±8kV ESD Protection (HBM, all pins).
- Two temperature ranges: -40°C to +85°C, or -55°C to +125°C with optional burn-in.
- RoHS compliant and Tin / Lead options available.
- MIL-STD-1553 Terminals
- Flight Control and Monitoring
- Stores Management
- Sensor Interfaces
- Test Equipment