The HI-8460 and HI-8461 are galvanically isolated single ARINC 429 line receivers with internal lightning protection circuitry. Capacitive isolation and power regulation provide 800V isolation between the line receiver and the logic interface. This is an ideal device for systems requiring host interface protection or different grounds. Although power and ground are isolated between the line receiver and the logic interface, the IC requires only one 3.3V supply and GND, making the HI-8460 pin for pin compatible with Holt’s existing line receivers, HI-8450, HI-8591 and HI-8588. This device therefore provides a cost effective solution to add galvanic isolation to existing designs.
The built-in lightning protection circuitry ensures compliance with RTCA/DO-160G, Section 22 Level 3 Pin Injection Test Waveform Set A (3 & 4), Set B (3 & 5A) and Set Z (3 & 5B), enabling direct connection to the ARINC 429 bus without external components.
These devices are available in industrial −40oC to +85oC and extended −55oC to +125oC temperature ranges, with optional burn-in available for extended temperature range devices. Package options include an industry standard SOIC-8 and a small footprint 4mm x 4mm 16-pin QFN.
- 800V galvanic isolation between the line receiver and logic interface exceeds Airbus ABD0100 specification requirement
- Drop-in compatible with Holt HI-8450/51, HI-8588 and HI-8591
- Internal lightning protection circuitry ensures compliance with RTCA/DO-160G, Section 22 Level 3 Pin Injection Test Waveform Set A (3 & 4), Set B (3 & 5A) and Set Z (3 & 5B)
- Direct connection to ARINC 429 bus with no external components
- 3.3V single supply operation
- Test inputs bypass analog inputs and force digital outputs to a One, Zero, or Null state
- Industrial and Extended temperature ranges
- Burn-in available
- Avionics Data Communication requiring galvanic isolation between host MCU and bus
- ARINC 429 to CMOS/TTL Level Conversion