The HI-8428-R is an 8-channel discrete-to-digital sensor fabricated with Silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) technology designed to interface with a Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI).
Each input is individually configurable as either GND/Open or Supply/Open (28V/Open). Discrete input thresholds and hysteresis are compliant with Airbus ABD0100H specification. In GND/Open mode, thresholds are set at 4.5V/10.5V, and in Supply/Open mode at 6V/12V.
The part operates from a 3.3V (+/- 5%) digital supply and 12V - 16.5V analog supply.
A 1mA wetting current is sourced from each SENSE input when GND/Open mode is selected for that pin. The wetting current serves to prevent dry relay or switch contacts.
All sense inputs are lightning protected to RTCA/DO160G, Section 22 Level 3 Pin Injection Test Waveform Set A (3 & 4), Set B (3 & 5A) and Set Z (3 & 5B) when used with the required external 3kΩ resistors. Levels 4 and 5 lightning protection can also be obtained by using the required external 3kΩ series resistor and a TVS at each SENSE input.
The device is available in industrial −40oC to +85oC and extended −55oC to +125oC temperature ranges and comes in a 16-pin, narrow body SOIC with exposed heat pad.
HI-8428-R is a drop-in replacement for the DEI1284.
- Eight discrete inputs, individually configurable as GND/Open or Supply/Open (28V/Open)
- Sense inputs lightning protected to RTCA/DO1060G, Section 22 Level 3, 4 and 5 Pin Injection Test Waveforms with minimal external components
- 10MHz Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) allows daisychaining of parts for efficient board routing
- Withstands inadvertent application of 115V AC/400 Hz power to Sense inputs.
- Airbus ABD0100H compliant
- MIL-STD-704 compliant
- Internal Self-Test mode checks analog comparators and logic
- Robust CMOS Silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) technology
- Industrial & extended temperature ranges available
- Drop-in replacement for DEI1284
- Avionics discrete sensing applications