The HI-8450 and HI-8451 are single ARINC 429 line receivers with internal lightning protection circuitry. This protection circuitry ensures compliance with RTCA/DO-160G, Section 22, Level 3 Pin Injection Test Waveform Set A (3 & 4), Set B (3 & 5A) and Set Z (3 & 5B) without the use of any external components.
The devices are designed to operate from either a 5V or 3.3V supply. The receiver channel translates incoming ARINC 429 data bus signals to a pair of TTL / CMOS outputs.
The TESTA and TESTB inputs bypass the analog inputs for testing purposes. They force the receiver outputs to the specified ZERO, ONE or NULL state. The ARINC bus inputs are ignored when the devices are in test mode. The HI-8451 produces low outputs when the TESTA and TESTB inputs are held high, whereas the HI-8450 produces high impedance outputs when the TESTA and TESTB inputs are held high.
The parts are available in Industrial -40oC to +85oC, or Extended, -55oC to +125oC temperature ranges. Optional burn-in is available on the extended temperature range parts.
The devices are available in a compact 8-pin SOIC package.
- Internal lightning protection circuitry ensures compliance with RTCA/DO-160G, Section 22 Level 3 Pin Injection Test Waveform Set A (3 & 4), Set B (3 & 5A) and Set Z (3 & 5B)
- Direct connection to ARINC 429 bus with no external components
- 3.3V or 5.0V single supply operation
- Test inputs bypass analog inputs and force digital outputs to a One, Zero, or Null state
- Industrial and Extended temperature ranges
- Burn-in available
- Avionics Data Communication
- ARINC 429 to CMOS/TTL Level Conversion