The HI-8454 and HI-8455 are quad ARINC 429 line receivers with internal lightning protection circuitry on each channel. This protection circuitry ensures compliance with RTCA/DO-160G, Section 22, Level 3 Pin Injection Test Waveform Set A (3 & 4), Set B (3 & 5A) and Set Z (3 & 5B) without the use of any external components.
The devices are designed to operate from either a 5V or 3.3V supply. Each receiver channel translates incoming ARINC 429 data bus signals to a pair of TTL / CMOS outputs.
The TESTA and TESTB inputs on the HI-8454 bypass the analog inputs for testing purposes. They force the receiver outputs to the specified ZERO, ONE or NULL state. The ARINC bus inputs are ignored when the devices is in test mode and the HI-8454 produces low outputs when the TESTA and TESTB inputs are held high. The test inputs are not available on the HI-8455.
The parts are available in a 20-pin TSSOP or a compact 5mm x 5mm QFN package (HI-8454 only) with Industrial, -40oC to +85oC, or Extended, -55oC to +125oC temperature ranges. Optional burn-in is available on the extended temperature range parts.
- Internal lightning protection circuitry ensures compliance with RTCA/DO-160G, Section 22 Level 3 Pin Injection Test Waveform Set A (3 & 4), Set B (3 & 5A) and Set Z (3 & 5B)
- Direct connection to ARINC 429 bus with no external components
- 3.3V or 5.0V single supply operation
- Test inputs bypass analog inputs and force digital outputs to a One, Zero, or Null state (HI-8454 only)
- Industrial and Extended temperature ranges
- Burn-in available
- Avionics Data Communications
- ARINC 429 to CMOS/TTL Level Conversion