The HI-8435 is a 3.3V, 32-channel discrete-to-digital sensor with Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) and built-in lightning protection. The device is fabricated with Silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) technology for robust latch-up free operation. The sense input thresholds and hysteresis are programmable via the 20MHz SPI bus and all 32 sense output states may be read with a single SPI command. The device is also fully compliant to Airbus ABD0100H.
The 32 sensing channels are divided into 4 banks of 8 inputs, with each bank configurable over the SPI bus to detect either GND/Open or 28V/Open signals. Thresholds and hysteresis are programmable in 0.5V steps from 2V to 21V, with GND/Open and 28V/Open input banks independently configurable.
All sense inputs are internally lightning protected to DO160G, Section 22, Cat AZ, BZ and ZZ without external components.
The device is available in industrial −40oC to +85oC and extended −55oC to +125oC temperature ranges and comes in multiple standard package options, including 44 pin PQFP and compact 7mm x 7mm 44-pin QFN.
- 32-channel Selectable Sense Operation, GND/Open or 28V/Open
- Programmable Thresholds and Hysteresis in 0.5V steps from 2V to 21V
- Lightning Protected Sense Inputs
- 20MHz Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI)
- Airbus ABD0100H compliant
- Robust CMOS Silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) technology
- Industrial & extended temperature ranges available
- Avionics discrete sensing applications