The HI-6011 is a CMOS integrated circuit designed to interface the avionics ARINC 429 data bus to an 8 bit port. It contains two receivers and one transmitter. They operate independently except for the parity option and the selected clock rate. The receiver demands that the incoming data meet the standard protocol and the transmitter outputs a standard protocol stream.
The HI-6011 provides flexible options for interfacing to the user system. The controlling processor can operate both the receiver and transmitter either by using hard wired flags and gates at the pins or by using software reads and writes of internal registers or a combination thereof.
The chip is programmable to operate with single 8-bit bytes where successive writes and reads are used to receive or transmit complete 32-bit words.
- Single +5V supply
- ARINC 429 Protocol Controller With 8-bit Parallel Host Interface
- Automatic Label Recognition Option
- Programmable Parity Option
- Transmit FIFO for up to Five ARINC 429 Messages
- CMOS/TTL Logic Pins
- Burn-in Available
- Avionics Data Communication
- Serial to Parallel Conversion
- Parallel to Serial Conversion