The HI-2579 / HI-2581 is a low power CMOS dual transceiver with integrated transformers designed to meet the requirements of the MIL-STD-1553 / MIL-STD-1760 specifications. The dual transceivers with integrated transformers provide a single part solution for interfacing a protocol IC or FPGA to a dual redundant MIL-STD-1553 bus. The single package solution provides a significant reduction in footprint and cost and the low profile design makes this device an ideal choice for applications using cards with component height restrictions, such as PMC and XMC.
The transmitter section of each bus takes complementary CMOS / TTL Manchester II bi-phase data and converts it to differential voltages suitable for driving the integrated isolation transformer. Separate transmitter inhibit control signals are provided for each transmitter.
The receiver section of the each bus converts the 1553 bus differential data to complementary CMOS / TTL data suitable for inputting to a Manchester decoder. Each receiver has a separate enable input which can be used to force both receiver outputs to logic '0' (HI-2579) or logic 1 (HI-2581).
The family of parts are available in Industrial -40oC to +85oC, or Extended, -55oC to +125oC temperature ranges.
- Dual-redundant MIL-STD-1553 transceivers with integrated transformers
- Low profile package design for PMC and XMC card applications
- Small footprint package
- Compliant to MIL-STD-1553A & B, MIL-STD-1760 and ARINC 708A
- 3.3V single supply operation
- Less than 1.0W maximum power dissipation
- Industrial and extended temperature ranges
- MIL-STD-1553 / MIL-STD-1760 Interfaces
- PMC and XMC cards
- Smart Munitions
- Stores Management
- Sensor Interfaces
- Test Equipment