The 3.3V CMOS HI-613x device provides a complete single- or multi-function interface between a host processor and MIL-STD-1553B bus. Each IC contains a Bus Controller (BC), a Bus Monitor Terminal (MT) and two independent Remote Terminals (RTs). Any combination of the contained 1553 functions can be enabled for concurrent operation. The enabled terminals communicate with the MIL-STD-1553 buses through a shared on-chip dual bus transceiver and external transformer. The user allocates 64K bytes of on-chip static RAM between devices to suit application requirements.
Two options are offered for host access to internal registers and static RAM:
- The HI-6130 uses a 16-bit parallel bus
- The HI-6131 communicates with the host via a 4-wire serial peripheral interface (SPI).
Package options vary, based on host interface I/O pin count.
Programmable interrupts provide terminal status to the host processor. Circular data stacks in RAM have rollover and programmable “level attained” interrupts. The HI- 613x can be configured for automatic self-initialization after reset. A dedicated SPI port reads data from an external serial EEPROM to fully configure registers and RAM for any subset of one to four terminal devices.
- Concurrent multi-terminal operation for one to four MIL-STD-1553B functions: BC, MT and two independent RTs.
- Two host interface options: 16-bit parallel bus for speed, or 4-wire SPI for smaller footprint and interconnect wiring reduction.
- 64K bytes internal static RAM.
- Autonomous terminal operation requires minimal host intervention.
- Shared 1553 bus interface reduces circuit complexity and circuit board area.
- Fully programmable Bus Controller with 28 op code instruction set.
- Bus Monitor can operate in dual-stack mode, recording commands and data separately, with 16-bit or 48-bit time tagging.
- Bus Monitor can record commands and data in single-stack mode, using IRIG-106 Chapter 10 “packet body” format.
- Single-stack Bus Monitor and can optionally generate complete IRIG-106 data packets, including full packet headers and trailers.
- Independent 16-bit time tag counters and clock sources for all terminals. The Bus Controller and Monitor also have 32- and 48-bit time count options, respectively.
- 64-Word Interrupt Log Buffer queues the most recent 32 interrupts. Hardware-assisted interrupt decoding quickly identifies interrupt sources.
- RAM Error Detection/Correction option
- Built-in self-test for protocol logic, digital signal paths and internal RAM.
- Optional self-initialization at reset uses external serial EEPROM
- ±8kV ESD Protection (HBM, all pins).
- Two temperature ranges: -40°C to +85°C, or -55°C to +125°C with optional burn-in.
- RoHS compliant lead-free option.
- MIL-STD-1553 Terminals
- Flight Control and Monitoring
- ECCM Interfaces
- Stores Management
- Sensor Interfaces
- Test Equipment