The HI-8483 bus interface unit is a dual differential line receiver in accordance with the requirements of the ARINC 429 bus specification. The device translates incoming ARINC 429 signals to normal CMOS/TTL levels on each of its two independent receive channels. The HI-8483 is a functional alternative to the Fairchild/Raytheon RM3283 and DEI3283.
Two TTL compatible self-test inputs for testing the ARINC channels are available. They can be used to override the ARINC input data and set the channel outputs to a known state. The self-test mode checks the entire circuit including the analog line receivers and digital logic.
All the ARINC inputs have built-in hysteresis to reject noise that may be present on the ARINC bus. Additional input noise filtering can also be accomplished with external capacitors.
The HI-8483 is available in a variety of ceramic & plastic packages including Small Outline (SOIC) DIP & Leadless Chip Carrier (LCC).
- Replacement for RM3283 and DEI3283
- Converts ARINC 429 Levels to Digital Data
- Input Hysteresis for Superior Noise Rejection
- TTL and CMOS Outputs and Test Inputs
- Industrial & Extended Temperature Ranges Available
- 20-Pin SOIC, DIP & LCC Packages Are Available
- Avionics Data Communication
- ARINC 429 to CMOS/TTL Level Conversion