The HI-3582A/HI-3583A from Holt Integrated Circuits are silicon gate CMOS devices for interfacing a 16-bit parallel data bus directly to the ARINC 429 serial bus. The HI-3582A/HI-3583A design offers a high-speed host CPU interface compared with the earlier HI-3582/HI-3583 products. The device provides two receivers each with label recognition, 32 by 32 FIFO, and analog line receiver. Up to 16 labels may be programmed for each receiver. The independent transmitter has a 32 X 32 FIFO and a built-in line driver. The status of all three FIFOs can be monitored using the external status pins, or by polling the HI-3582A/HI-3583A status register. Other features include a programmable option of data or parity in the 32nd bit, and the ability to unscramble the 32 bit word. Also, versions are available with different values of input resistance and output resistance to allow users to more easily add external lightning protection circuitry.
The 16-bit parallel data bus exchanges the 32-bit ARINC data word in two steps when either loading the transmitter or interrogating the receivers. The databus and all control signals are 3.3V CMOS compatible.
The HI-3582A/HI-3583A apply the ARINC protocol to the receivers and transmitter. Timing is based on a 1 Megahertz clock.
The HI-3582A has 37.5 ohms in series with each line driver output to match ARINC 429 bus impedance requirements and may be connected directly to the bus. The HI-3583A provides a lower output resistance so that external resistance used in lightning protection circuits will provide the correct 37.5 ohms impedance matching.
- ARINC Specification 429 Compatible
- High Speed 3.3V Logic Interface
- Dual Receiver and Transmitter Interface
- Analog Line Driver and Receivers Connect Directly to ARINC Bus
- Programmable Label Recognition
- On-chip 16 Label Memory for Each Receiver
- 32 x 32 FIFOs Each Receiver and Transmitter
- Independent Data Rate Selection for Transmitter and Each Receiver
- Status Register
- Data Scramble Control
- 32nd Transmit Bit Can be Data or Parity
- Self Test Mode
- Low Power
- Industrial & Extended Temperature Ranges Available
- Avionics Data Communication
- Serial to Parallel Conversion
- Parallel to Serial Conversion