Holt Integrated Circuits continues its support of the MIL-STD-1553 / 1760 data buses with a true single chip, dual 3.3V transceiver. Using proven design techniques and state-of-the-art analog CMOS technology, the new HI-1579 / HI-1581 dissipates only 500mW when transmitting at 100% duty cycle while still delivering the required power to the bus.
Each set of receiver outputs can also be independently forced to the bus idle state (logic '0' on HI-1579 or logic '1' on HI-1581) by setting RXENA or RXENB low.
The part is available in a small, 7mm x 7mm, 44-pin plastic QFN package as well as the 20-pin SOIC package. Both have an integrated metal heat sink in the base of the device that ensures adequate heat dissipation in even the most demanding environments. Both HI-1579 packages offers the smallest board footprint available for this function, and including PCMCIA applications.
The HI-1579 / HI-1581 use the same, industry standard 1:2.5 turns ratio transformer as Holt’s 5V parts.
Samples of the HI-1579 / HI-1581 are readily available in the small thermally enhanced plastic QFN and SOIC as well as in the traditional 20-pin ceramic DIP package.
- Compliant to MIL-STD-1553A & B, MIL-STD-1760, and ARINC 708A
- 3.3V Single Supply Operation
- CMOS Technology for Low Standby Power
- Smallest Footprint Available in 20-Pin Plastic ESOIC (Thermally Enhanced) Package
- Less Than 0.5W Maximum Power Dissipation
- Available in DIP and Small Outline ESOIC Package Options
- Industrial & Extended Temperature Ranges Available
- Industry Standard Pin Configurations
- MIL-STD-1553 Interfaces
- Smart Munitions
- Stores Management
- Sensor Interfaces
- Test Equipment