The HI-8570 and HI-8571 are CMOS integrated circuits designed to directly drive the ARINC 429 bus using only +5V and -5V supplies.
Two logic inputs control a differential voltage between the output pins producing a +10 volt One, a -10 volt Zero, and a 0 volt Null.
The CMOS/TTL control inputs are translated to ARINC specified amplitudes. A logic input is provided to control the slope of the differential output signal. Timing is set by on-chip resistor and capacitor and tested to be within ARINC requirements.
The HI-85870 has 37.5 ohms in series with each line driver output. The HI-8571 provides the option to bypass part of the output resistance so that series protection circuits can add their resistances.
The HI-8570 or the HI-8571 along with the HI-8588 or HI-8591 line receivers offer the smallest options available to get on and off the ARINC bus.
- Direct ARINC 429 Line Driver Interface in a Small Package
- On-chip Line Driver Slope Control and Selection by Logic Input
- Low Current 5 Volt Supplies
- CMOS / TTL Logic Pins
- Plastic and Ceramic Package Options - Surface Mount and DIP
- Thermally Enhanced SOIC Packages
- Lead-free / RoHS Compliant options available
- Industrial & Extended Temperature Ranges Available
- Avionics Data Communication
- CMOS/TTL to ARINC Level Conversion
- CMOS/TTL to RZ & NRZ Level Conversion