The HI-1575 is a low power CMOS dual transceiver with on-chip Manchester II Encoder and dual Decoder designed to meet the requirements of the MIL-STD-1553 Specification. The part act as a 'Smart Transceiver', allowing users to transmit and receive properly encoded MIL-STD-1553 Command and Data words between a 16-bit host processor and dual MIL-STD-1553 data buses.
A single write cycle is used to transfer a word to the HI-1575, which encodes the data, adds the selected Sync and Parity bits, and transmits the word on the chosen MIL-STD-1553 data bus. Complete MIL-STD-1553 messages may be transmitted by executing multiple write cycles to the device.
Activity on both MIL-STD-1553 data buses is continuously monitored. When the HI-1575 detects a properly encoded word, a hardware interrupt is generated and the information is decoded and stored in one of two internal registers, which may then be read by the host processor. Bits in the internal Status & Mode Register indicate on which bus the word was received and whether the word had a Data or Command Sync.
- Compliant to MIL-STD-1553
- 3.3V single supply operation
- On-chip Encoder and dual Decoder
- Small footprint available in 32-pin plastic TQFP package
- Less than 0.5W maximum power dissipation
- 6 mm x 6 mmm 40-pin plastic chip-scale package option
- Industrial & Extended Temperature Ranges Available
- Direct replacement for Harris
- MIL-STD-1553 Interfaces
- Stores Management
- Sensor Interfaces
- Smart Munitions