The HI-3582/HI-3583 from Holt Integrated Circuits is a silicon gate CMOS device for interfacing a 3.3V 16-bit parallel data bus directly to the ARINC 429 serial bus. The HI-3582/HI-3583 design offers many enhancements to the industry standard HI-8282 architecture. The device provides two receivers each with label recognition, 32 by 32 FIFO, and analog line receiver. Up to 16 labels may be programmed for each receiver. The independent transmitter has a 32 by 32 FIFO and a built-in line driver. The status of all three FIFOs can be monitored using the external status pins or by polling the HI-3582/HI-3583 status register. Other new features include a programmable option of data or parity in the 32nd bit and the ability to unscramble the 32 bit word. Also, versions are available with different values of input resistance and output resistance to allow users to more easily add external lightning protection circuitry.
The HI-3582 has 37.5 ohms in series with each line driver output to match ARINC 429 bus impedance requirements and may be connected directly to the bus. The HI-3583 provides a lower output resistance so that external resistance used in lightning protection circuits will provide the correct 37.5 ohms impedance matching.
Although the built-in line driver shares a common substrate with the receivers, the design of the physical isolation does not allow parasitic crosstalk and thereby achieves the same isolation as common hybrid layouts.
- ARINC Specification 429 Compatible
- 3.3V Logic Supply
- Dual Receiver and Transmitter Interface
- Analog Line Driver and Receivers Connect Directly to ARINC Bus
- Internal Lightning Protection of ARINC inputs in accordance with DO-160D, Level 3 (-10 options only)
- Programmable Label Recognition
- On-chip 16 Label Memory for Each Receiver
- 32 x 32 FIFOs Each Receiver and Transmitter
- Independent Data Rate Selection for Transmitter and Each Receiver
- Status Register
- Data Scramble Control
- 32nd Transmit Bit Can be Data or Parity
- Self Test Mode
- Low Power
- Industrial & Extended Temperature Ranges Available
- Avionics Data Communication
- Serial to Parallel Conversion
- Parallel to Serial Conversion