Holt Integrated Circuits continues its support of the MIL-STD-1553 data bus with a true single chip, dual 3.3V transceiver. Using proven design techniques and state-of-the-art analog CMOS technology, the new HI-1573 dissipates only 340mW when transmitting at 100% duty cycle while still delivering the required power to the bus.
Each set of receiver outputs can also be independently forced to the bus idle state (logic '0' on HI-1573 or logic '1' on HI-1574) by setting RXENA or RXENB low.
The part is available in a small, 20-pin SOIC package with an integrated metal heat sink in the base of the device that ensures adequate heat dissipation in even the most demanding environments. Measuring only 0.5 x 0.4 inches, and only 0.1 inch thick, the HI-1573 offers the smallest board footprint available for this function, and is small enough even for PCMCIA applications.
The devices may be used with standard MIL-STD-1553 transformers with a 1:2.5 turns ratio for direct coupled and 1:1.79/1:1.4 turns ratios for transformer coupled bus connections.
Samples of the HI-1573 and HI-1574 are readily available in the small thermally enhanced plastic SOIC as well as in the traditional 20-pin ceramic DIP package.
- Compliant to MIL-STD-1553A & B, and ARINC 708A
- 3.3V Single Supply Operation
- CMOS Technology for Low Standby Power
- Smallest Footprint Available in 20-Pin Plastic ESOIC (Thermally Enhanced) Package
- Less Than 0.5W Maximum Power Dissipation
- Available in DIP and Small Outline ESOIC Package Options
- Industrial & Extended Temperature Ranges Available
- Industry Standard Pin Configurations
- MIL-STD-1553 Interfaces
- Smart Munitions
- Stores Management
- Sensor Interfaces
- Test Equipment