The HI-8683 and HI-8684 are system components for interfacing incoming ARINC 429 signals to 8-bit parallel data using proven +5V analog/digital CMOS technology. The HI-8683 is a digital device that requires an external analog line receiver such as the HI-8482 or HI-8588 between the ARINC bus and the device inputs. The HI-8684 incorporates the digital logic and analog line receiver circuitry in a single device.
The receivers on the HI-8684 connect directly to the ARINC 429 Bus and translate the incoming signals to normal CMOS levels. Internal comparator levels are set just below the standard 6.5 volt minimum data threshold and just above the standard 2.5 volt maximum null threshold. The -10 version of the HI-8684 allows the incorporation of an external 10Kohm resistance in series with each ARINC input for lightning protection without affecting ARINC level detection.
Both products offer high speed 8-bit parallel bus interface, a 32-bit buffer and error detection for word length and parity. A reset pin is also provided for power-on initialization.
- Automatic Conversion of Serial ARINC 429, 575 & 561 Data to 8-Bit Parallel Data
- High-Speed Parallel 8-Bit Data Bus
- Error Detection - Word Length and Parity
- Reset Input for Power-On Initialization
- On-Chip Line Receiver Option (HI-8684)
- Internal Lightning Protection of ARINC inputs in accordance with DO-160D, Level 3 (HI-8684-10 only)
- Input Hysteresis of at Least 2 Volts (HI-8684)
- Test Inputs Bypass Analog Inputs (HI-8684)
- Simplified Lightning Protection With the Ability to Add 10 Kohm External Series Resistors
- Plastic Package Options - Surface Mount (SOIC), PLCC and DIP
- Industrial & Extended Temperature Ranges Available
- Avionics Data Communication
- Serial to Parallel Conversion