The HI-8585 and HI-8586 are CMOS integrated circuits designed to directly drive the ARINC 429 bus in an 8 pin package. Two logic inputs control a differential voltage between the output pins producing a +10 volt One, a -10 volt Zero, and a 0 volt Null.
The CMOS/TTL control inputs are translated to ARINC specified amplitudes. A logic input is provided to control the slope of the differential output signal. Timing is set by on-chip resistor and capacitor and tested to be within ARINC requirements.
The HI-8585 has 37.5 ohms in series with each line driver output. The HI-8586 provides the option to bypass most of the output resistance so that series protection circuits can add their resistances.
The HI-8585 or the HI-8586 along with the HI-8588 line receiver offer the smallest options available to get on and off the ARINC bus.
- Direct ARINC 429 Line Driver Interface in a Small Package
- On-chip Line Driver Slope Control and Selection by Logic Input
- Low Current 12 to 15 Volt Supplies
- CMOS / TTL Logic Pins
- Plastic and Ceramic Package Options - Surface Mount and DIP
- Thermally Enhanced SOIC Packages
- Industrial & Extended Temperature Ranges Available
- Avionics Data Communication
- CMOS/TTL to ARINC Level Conversion
- CMOS/TTL to RZ & NRZ Level Conversion